This module focuses on how LBS agencies can support adult learners who have become apprentices and who need to build their skills to successfully complete their in-school programming.
• Understand why apprenticeship is a good path for LBS.
• Plan for how to support apprentices in your program who are struggling with foundational skills related to apprenticeship.
• Identify assessment tools and resources that will support you in identifying skills gaps related to apprenticeship.
• Evaluate your practitioners’ awareness of apprenticeship to support learners who are current apprentices.
• Select professional development opportunities to increase your practitioners’ awareness of apprenticeship and how to support learners who are on the apprenticeship pathway.
• Analyze existing learning activities and curriculum related to apprenticeship and select appropriate materials for learners on the apprenticeship pathway.
• Describe the local apprenticeship landscape so we can access authentic documents.
• Identify wraparound supports that can support learners who are apprentices.