This module focuses on how LBS agencies can support adult learners who are considering apprenticeship as their employment goal.
• Understand how LBS can support adult learners in learning more about the apprenticeship system in Ontario.
• Identify how apprenticeship eligibility drives adult learners’ participation in LBS.
• Identify organizations that can support foreign credential recognition in Ontario.
• Select and evaluate tools to assess adult learners’ skills in relation to apprenticeship.
• Integrate language into adult learners’ training plans that is specific to apprenticeship.
• Analyze existing learning activities and curriculum related to apprenticeship and select appropriate materials for learners on the apprenticeship pathways.
• Evaluate your agency’s ability to support adult learners preparing for apprenticeship.
• Identify key partners and stakeholders that share your interest in preparing adult learners for apprenticeship.
• Plan for professional development for staff within your LBS agency to increase their knowledge of apprenticeship.
• Evaluate how Skills for Success impacts the apprenticeship pathway.
• Describe Pre-Apprenticeship and ways LBS can support Pre-Apprenticeship programming in Ontario.